Friday, September 6, 2013

"Ooops! I´m so fat"

Something interesting that I haven´t realized until now. Since I am having lectures with a lot of girls and boys from Korea, they are completely different to us students from Europe. In Europe we participate in the lectures, we ask questions, communicate with the teacher and so on. On the other hand koreans are very passive. They listen, take notes and leaves class - quiet. All professors I will have these two semesters are originally from USA, Australia or the UK. They want us students to talk in class and ask questions. Even though the professors asks a student from korea a question, they will have a hard time to answer it even though they know the answer.

When I walk home from school everyday (not through campus) I always come across this painting. "Ooops! I´m so fat" 31kg. Really? This is a something that I think is very sad, that women in Korea are stressing so much about how they look. They are under pressure to look beautiful, be skinny, nose jobs, operation of the eyelids, being tall and so on. As I have heard and I don´t like to use this word, but the "fat" women are always at home and won´t show themselves in public. Personally I think that korean girls have the most beautiful hearts. Korean girls might not be considered as the beautifulest girls on this planet, but they have an inside that makes them the most beautiful persons in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment