Friday, September 6, 2013

Alien Registration etc.

   
Good morning. Wake up time was at 5am. A few exchange students met up close to the Hoegi station to visit the Seoul Clobal Centre Immigration Office to finally do the Alien registration. We were waiting outside for about 2 hours so we would be the first persons in line. My ticket number was 08 and finally it was my turn. Now my Visa is Multiple, which means that I can travel out of the country as much as I like to! When I left the Immigration Office there was over 350 students after me. I mean just look at the picture above, that amount of people in the same tiny room. They will be there waiting the whole day!

After the long wait we were all starving, so we decided to go to the closest bakery. Oh lord, I was having the most delicious breakfast in a long time and fresh pressed orange juice, oh mama!

Walking back to the campus, I had to visit the Clobal Atm again and of course it still didn´t work. How in the world am I supposed to get some money now? While trying to figure that out I decided to go and buy a few books that I need for my courses. I managed to only find one book that I need for our Marketing Communications for a Tourism Destination course, seriously? After that, I felt like just go home to my dorm and cry and sleep the whole day, but no. I visited another Global Atm instead without result. Argh, I stepped inside the HanaBank office and decided to open an Korean bank account. What a relief that the guy behind the disk were speaking english and helped me to get the account. The only thing I need to do now is to transfer money from my old account to the new one. When I came back to the dormitory I actually met a girl that had one of the books I needed, Consumer Behavior, so I bought it from her! Could not been happier, now there is only one more book that I need to buy.
Now, I can start being a good student! I will have a lot of good times with my two new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment