Monday, September 2, 2013

College of Tourism

So wow.. Where should I even start? Monday, first day at school, and oh lord how messy can it be? You apply for a course, that says Leadership, and you will be writing cv:s and doing interviews and presentations? How stupid is that? When you try to ask for help, no one speaks english and they just tell you in a polite way: "To be honest with you, I don´t know if there is anything I can do to help you.." Well if they can´t help me solve the problem, who can? Everything is written in korean, no one speaks english and no one is able to help. Sorry, I am not going to complain but my day didn't start that well.
Let´s write something positive instead. Our professors are really funny actually. They tell jokes and make the lecture more interesting and funny. I really look forward to start the classes, though, I am a bit nervous since I got four lectures on Monday and Wednesday and only one lecture on Tuesday and Thursday. All exams on the same day, how awesome is that?

So now, my FINAL course list looks like this: 
Consumer Behavior Research Mon, Wed 10:30-11:45
Quality Management Mon, Wed 12:00-13:15
Understanding of International Manners and Cultures Mon, Wed 13:30-14:45
Tourism Case Study Mon, Wed15:00-16:15
Marketing Communication for Tourism Destination Tue, Thu 10:30-11:45

I really hope that next semesters course registration won´t be as complicated as this was.

After class I walked home to my dorm so angry. I decided to call up a few friends for dinner. Since I have been eating too much korean beef lately, I really wanted to have some chicken instead. We went to a Chinese restaurant and the chicken... I have never in my life tasted something that has been so spicy. My lips were burning and I was sweating. After a lot of laughs and after learning a bunch of new korean words, we did some shopping before we said goodnight. 

1 comment:

  1. Det var säkert svårt att välja kurser när du fortfarande var i Finland. Allting är inte som det ut på första ögonkastet. Du skulle garanterat lära dig mer bokvisdom i Arcada, men.....
    I Seoul kommer du lära dig helt andra saker. Idag fick du träna på att lösa problem med människor som inte kan engelska. Det kommer att vara viktigt att kunna i framtiden om du jobbar utomlands t. ex. på nåt hotell.
    Du kommer att klara dig fint när du kommer igång.
    Puss och kram <3

    ReplyDelete