Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Korean Pancake

I have heard about it a thousands of times but never tasted it the famous korean pancake. The restaurant we decided to have dinner at was quite small, so we had to sit on the floor which I don´t mind doing. I think it´s a fun way to enjoy dinner and it´s one of the things I love about the asian culture. First they brought us some Rice wine to the table. A "white" wine made of rice. The smell reminded me of beer and the taste was.. interesting. At the table there is a buddy student, Sol and a lot of exchange students. All of us enjoyed the pancakes. There was one pancake with seafood and the other one with seafood and kimchi. I wouldn´t consider this as a dinner, more as a snack maybe, but it was very delicious! What I also enjoy when we go out for dinner, is that when we hand out the chopsticks and spoon, there is a certain order. The oldest person gets the chopsticks first and the youngest last. This is a way to show respect to the older generation or to those who are older than yourself.
The Rice wine.
The whole team!
Seafood pancake. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment