Sunday, September 8, 2013

A day in Gangnam

Oh I had such a good day in Gangnam yesterday. Me, Erik, his roommate David and also our new friend Eunjee or as we also call her - Rachel. Eunjee is from South Korea and lives in the U.S. She will be staying in Korea for one year and originally she is from Gangnam. Me and Erik got to know her at the Welcoming Party (I will write a post about the party when I get some pictures) and she really wanted to show us around the area. The boys and I met up at Hoegi station and the trip to Gangnam took us 30 minutes, since we had to change subway three times. When we arrived in Gangnam we were all so amazed. Since South Korea is so famous for this song you all know Gangnam Style, we had to visit the area. All four of us were hungry so all agreed to go for what else than a korean barbecue.
Ah, how delicious can food be? This is the perfect way to spend a saturday evening. Eunjee was teaching us some phrases in korean and I got to order some more meat in korean of course. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to say it anymore since I didn´t write it down anywhere. 
After dinner we ended up doing something that is typical in Korea, and also in Japan. We went to a shop where there was a lot of photo booths where you could take photos with your friends and print them out as stickers. Eunjee and Erik are ready to jump inside the booth to take some pictures!

Oh we had a loads of fun doing this. After taken 8 photos we had to pick only 4 of them. On the outside we were able to add some super cute stuff to the photos before printing them.

There they are, happy with the photos and I will also share the photos with you guys!

    
                    
I think these photos are amazing. We had so much fun doing this!

A week ago I saw a Cat café and from a exchange student I heard that there is a café for dogs aswell. Caffé Paws is a cafe where all dog owners come for coffee and their dogs can run free. It felt like a kindergarden for dogs and I think that this is an cool business idea. 

Immediately when we entered all the dogs came running. When I sat down this white cute dog sat on my lap until we decided to leave. I really enjoyed being there and to experience this. A lot of people has been telling me how they eat dogs in Korea, but apparently there is a lot of dog owners in Seoul. 



After the visit to the Cafe, we took a taxi back and walked around in the area. And see what we ran into, the Gangnam Style statue. All three of us were walking with our mouths open, so amazed and happy to be in Gangnam. Even though it was beautiful, I expected a little bit more from the area since I have heard a lot about it. It was also quite expensive compared to the other areas I have visited so far. 


When we came to that point when all of us were thinking "What should we do next?" we came up with the idea of trying all kind of crazy stuff that came in our way. We tried a lot of different games but unfortunately we didn´t win anything. We met a tiger mascot that was giving free hugs to all girls and as a price you got 1000 krw. So I decided to give him a hug and lucky me, I got 1000 krw! After all our adventures and a lot of walking we were all tired and decided to head back to our dorms. We wished Eunjee a goodnight and hopefully she will show us around Gangnam and Seoul another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment