Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday at Everland

I actually had butterflies in my stomach and it was hard to get some sleep last night. After 3 hours of sleep it was time to make myself ready for the amusement park Everland. The plan was to visit Everland and the waterpark Caribbean Bay, but since I was the only one that had bikinis, we decided to only spend our day at Everland. All four girls, Natalie, Belle, Jane and myself, met up in Gangnam and from there we all had breakfast before heading to the bus. The trip took about 40 minutes and all four of us were clapping our hands of excitement while getting closer to the park. When we arrived, we were all amazed.
 The spectacular view of the high mountains and the amount of people standing outside the entrance. I couldn´t believe my eyes. All of sudden I felt like I was five years old again. Immediately when the main gate opened, everybody started to run. I am speaking about everybody, the kids, grandmas, everybody were in a hurry. We were all laughing and wondering "Why in the world are they running for?". It turned out that everybody was in a hurry to get to the zoo. (I uploaded a few pictures and videos on my Instagram account, so if any of you are interested to have a look, visit my account @mersikka)
Over this national holiday Chuseok (Thanksgiving) all foreigners in Seoul has a huge opportunity. The normal price of the entrance to the amusement park is 43,000krw (30€) but over this holiday we are all happy to be foreigners. The line to the Group ticket line for foreigners took us 5 minutes and the entrance for us was only 25,000krw (17€). How amazing doesn´t that sound?
South Korea is definitely the country of sweet things. The "hotdog bagel" I had for breakfast today actually had sugar on it. Can you imagine that? 

Am I in Korea or in Holland? Hard to say. Anyways, Everland is separated into different areas. In these pictures above you see the European Adventure. In this area you can experience the worlds steepest roller coaster called the T Express. In the European Adventure area there was a street that was actually called Holland Village. They were selling a lot of sausages and there was more beer than you could ever drink. The funny thing was that they were selling korean beer.

I have to say that I was amazed with all the decorations. In Everland the Halloween Holiday has already started. You could see pumpkins everywhere and it was beautiful. I have to give a big hand to those guys who have made this happen.
Natalie, me and Jane. 

After walking through the European Adventure everything turned Korean again! There was a field where you could play traditional games and as you see this brave young man trying to prove to the world that anything is possible. He was just adorable and I am so in love with the picture so I actually made it to my new background picture on my iPhone. There is even more. Everland is not just an amusement park, there is also a huge zoo. You will see the most beautiful animals on this planet and something that is amazing, is that in Everland you will be able to meet an elephant who can talk. That is actually true, this elephant can say a few words like "Hi, Yes, No, Sit down" and I can´t remember the rest. I mean wow, I could go on and on about Everland all day.
Sorry guys, it´s not over yet. Since Everland is probably the biggest amusement park I have ever visited, I started to feel a bit tired. The distances between the attractions and roller coasters was probably too much for our feets to handle. There was actually a lot of solutions to this problem. You could easily take a Sky Cruise from the beginning of the park and go all the way down to the European Adventure. Once again, I have to say, that the view was spectacular!
Look who I ran into today. There he is, the one and only - PSY! 
Well, this post has to come to an end. I had an amazing day with the girls and I would visit Everland anytime. It is definitely worth the money and I will have so many good memories from this day. 

For more information, visit their website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment