Sunday, November 24, 2013

Team projects, Assignment and School Stress

After the midterm is over, in general, people start to work on their team projects. A lot of stress that the midterm causes, now it will only get worse. Presentations, reports, final papers and assignments has to be done before you even realize. In general, I'm trying to finish my individual assignments as quickly as I can, so I have more time working on my team projects. The team projects are worth more points that will be added to the final grade than the individual assignments, so I figured, that it's better to put more time and effort doing the team projects. Soon after these projects are done, it's time to get busy with the books and start to read for the final exams. How will I manage to survive this? I spend all my days at my favorite café keeping myself busy with projects so I won't be home all day watching some series.

I was a bit nervous before we got divided into groups. In the english courses, there is people who have difficulties with the english language, to communicate or even participate. I must say, I'm so satisfied with my team mates I have had so far. They are bringing a lot to the projects, coming up with ideas and I have even made new friends while working with people I didn't know before, and probably wouldn't know if it wasn't for the projects. I'm nervous, but at the same time curious how these projects will turn out and I believe that we will do an excellent job!

All together, I have five courses this semester, and four team projects that I have to finnish with my team in 2-4 weeks. The subjects of my team projects are pretty interesting I think. The first project that has to be done is to do a marketing plan for a unpopular city in South Korea. Our group chose the city called Sangju. The city has a lot of opportunities, but is not that known. Another project is to analysis a company's quality program and figure out what else they could do. Third project is about comparing a country's culture and manners with South Korea. It was important to have any relation to the country, so we chose Iran (since I'm half iranian and Finland was already chosen by another team). Iran and South Korea, surprisingly, has a lot in common, which I find very interesting. The last project will be about consumer behavior. We will research about music, but the main topic is not set yet. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment