Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kyung Hee University Medical Center

From day one, people have told me where the hospital is and if I ever need help, I should ask someone to go there with me. After coughing for 3 weeks, my heart started to hurt very badly. I never thought that I would have to visit the hospital here, but now that is done. I woke up in the morning, to weak to go to class. My dear friend Choeun guided me through the meeting with the doctor, which I thought was so nice of her. First I had to register and pay for the appointment. The funny thing is, they asked for my nationality, and well, I'm from Finland but in Korea you pronouns Finland as Phinlandu. Even though I repeated the work Phinlandu many times, when I received the certificate of my medication, my nationality is Russia. How funny is that!
The doctor asked me a bunch of questions and in many cases I wondered what he will do with that kind of information. But after asking a bunch of questions, he wanted me to take a x-ray picture of my chest. In the end, I received my medicine. 3 pills that I had to take during the day and also some kind of drinking medicine. Tomorrow, I will head back to the hospital and meet up with the doctor again. Hopefully everything is OK with me and its nothing serious. 
Chueun was such a sweetheart helping me out and she even bought me a cake. It's so amazing, I mean when you really get to know someone who is Korean, they will treat you as you have known forever. You will receive small gifts every now and then, which is completely different to the culture in Finland.  How am I supposed to be here for one year, getting used to all of this, and then all of sudden be back home in Finland? Lucky me, I still got many months left to enjoy all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment